Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Scarf is fiiiiiinished.



I am so proud of myself. This is the first thing I have completed from the ground up. The fiber was 100% merino gifted to me by my Knittyboard SP. it was gorgous just as roving and I knew what I had to do. In the summer 2007 issue of Spin-off there was an article on spinning your own self striping yarn. Which is what I have tried to do in different ways a few times and failed each time. This time after I was done spinning I wished a little wish and cast on for a hopefully self striping scarf (just bought a black pea coat I knew the colors in the roving would be perfect for). Anywa, I started on the good ol' basketweave pattern, and this is how it turned out:



I looooooove this technique. I have always prefered the gradual shading type of stripes and thats exactly what I got. Here's a closeup:


Now I am off to try to spin enough to make some sock yarn. I really am happy with this technique.

1 comment:

Criosa said...

wow, that turned out great!