Friday, October 5, 2007

New needles and a sweater on the needles

I got my order from Knitpicks today. In it was my first knitpick needles. I bought the 32" circulars in sizes to make socks the Magic Loop style. I love these needles. Before this the only circulars I had was the Boye Needlemaster set. Which is fine but a bugger to do magic loop. The cords are just too big and stiff. Now I am hoping a special someone gets me the interchangeable set from Knitpicks for Christmas. *hint hint*I also got some of the Harmony needles. I haven't used them yet so I don't have an opinion so far except to say the colors are very nice, they are lightweight, and seem to be put together very well. I have also picked up some yarn for a new sweater for my son. I got the Knitpicks Wool of the Andes bulky. It's knitting up awesome, the only gripe is that the color selection wasn't that great. Although give them time. When I first started ordering from them they had about half of the yarn selection they do now. I am a big fan of their yarns and prices. Anyway I am making him the Down Under sweater from The Yarn Girl's Guide to Knits for Older Kids. So far it is a very easy, fast knit. I think it's going to look super cute on him. Here is a picture of what I have done so far. Which is about half of the back:

Sorry the pic is a little blurry, I smudges the camera lens with my greasy finger....yum. I can't believe how fast this is knitting up. Of course I am used to fingering weight yarn mostly and this is a bulky....Only 6 more inches till I start the front. As fast as this is going I can probably be done by next weekend.

No comments: