Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Finished one thing....started another



Isn't that the way it always goes with knitting. Before I finished my mom


s socks I was already perusing the books to find a hat to knit for a friends. I am pretty good with only having one WIP but I have many more in mind. Same with spinning. I will not start another till I am finished with the first anymore. I found that when I did I never finished anything. Anyway I finished my mom's socks today. Just in time too her birthday is tomorrow. I am so dang proud of myself. They are just a plain vanilla sock, but the yarn is some I dyed myself. Some of the bare yarn from Knitpicks. I absolutely love that stuff. Here is a pic of my moms socks:



I really like the way the yarn knit up like it did. And I think my mom is going to love them. I also started on a hat for my friends birthday. Which I wish I would have done first as I started it today and her birthday was 4 days ago. But she is also a knitter so she knows how that goes. Plus she lives a few states away....think I can get away with the ol' got lost in the mail trick lol. Anway this hat is knitting along really fast. I am knitting her the Official Kittyville hat from the first Stitch 'n Bit*h book. It is also being done in some yarn from Knitpicks I dyed myself. This time the superwash dk weight. Here is a picture of it so far:

I am stil working on my son's sweater. It should be done in a week or two. I could get it done with about 3 days of serious knitting, but I have so many other Christmas presents to start on I just don't see that happening. Anyway until next time....

No comments: